Korganizer delete difficulty

Neal Becker ndbecker2 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 00:15:04 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 10 February 2009, Eli Wapniarski wrote:
> On Tuesday 10 February 2009 22:00:12 Petrus de Calguarium wrote:

> > > Petrus
> > >
> > > Recovery should be relatively simple.
> > >
> > > Are you able to add a resource? That is, if you look at the top right
> > > corner of the dialog box you should see three icons from left to "a
> > > plus sign", "a piece of paper with a pencil" and "a minus sign." If you
> > > click on the plus sign, you should see a list of resouce types. Choose,
> > > "Calendar in Local File." In the "Name" field enter "Default KOrganizer
> > > resource" without the quotation marks. The calendar format should be
> > > "ICalendar" In the "location" field naviage to:
> > >
> > > ~/.kde/share/apps/korganizer/std.ics
> > >
> > > If the file is not there then you will need to create a blank file. It
> > > is a standard text file.
> > >
> > > Once the resource is created you will need to right click on the
> > > resource and then "Use as Default Calendar."
> > >
> > > Eli
> >
> > Then I won't be using akonadi anymore, right? I would be reverting to the
> > old system, non?
> >
> > Aside from the minor unsightly, but sweep-under-the-rug-able, disorder
> > with respect to expired entries, akonadi is working fine for me. Barring
> > data corruption or breakage (unlikely, I would expect), I can live with
> > this until it is fixed, as I am sure it must be a priority.
> >
> > [What I find a nuisance is that knode crashes 98% of the time as soon as
> > one tries to post a message. I reported that, too.]

I have reported this also.  It's a major lossage for me, since I depend
heavily on knode for access to gmane.

There is one fix checked in for kde 4.2.1 IIRC that might address this,
although I'm not convinced  there's only one problem.

The problem I'm seeing lately is glibc double free, which seems different than
the other bug reports.