What is the status of ksynaptics in KDE4.2 ?

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 13 16:49:05 UTC 2009

On Thursday 12 February 2009 05:53:13 Kevin Kofler wrote:
> KSynaptics is a third-party tool which is completely unrelated to KDE 4.2,
> also because it uses the KDE 3 libs. So KDE 4.2 does not change anything
> whatsoever with respect to KSynaptics.

For those of us who don't have a hardware solution for this, we need to
consider the options.  I presume that for the moment this means that we can
continue to use ksynaptics on hardware that needs it, but once we are in a
totally KDE4 environment it will not work?  Do you know of anything in the
pipeline to deal with this annoying hardware lack?