apt-get problems

Eli Wapniarski eli at orbsky.homelinux.org
Sat Feb 14 05:52:34 UTC 2009

Hi Rex

I've reverted back to apt-get after trying yum for quite some time. I've run
into a couple of problems over at apt.kde-redhat.org Both problems are on
Fedora 10 boxes.

1) On my i386 box I'm getting with

W: Release file did not contain checksum information for http://apt.kde-
redhat.org/apt/kde-redhat/fedora/10/i386/base/pkglist.stable
W: Release file did not contain checksum information for http://apt.kde-
redhat.org/apt/kde-redhat/fedora/10/i386/base/release.stable
W: Release file did not contain checksum information for http://apt.kde-
redhat.org/apt/kde-redhat/fedora/10/i386/base/pkglist.testing
W: Release file did not contain checksum information for http://apt.kde-
redhat.org/apt/kde-redhat/fedora/10/i386/base/release.testing
W: Release file did not contain checksum information for http://apt.kde-
redhat.org/apt/kde-redhat/fedora/10/i386/base/pkglist.unstable
W: Release file did not contain checksum information for http://apt.kde-
redhat.org/apt/kde-redhat/fedora/10/i386/base/release.unstable

2) On my x86_64 boxes:

E: The package index files are corrupted. No Filename: field for package
kdebase-devel.

The last thing. If you would be willing to link

 /apt/kde-redhat/

 /apt/kderedhat/

I'm quite certain that I would be able to pin the repomd in apt-get properly.
However. I still prefer the apt-get databases because they are smaller and
parse much quicker.

Thanks

Eli

believed to be clean.