Broken dependency for guidance-power-manager

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sun Feb 15 18:58:32 UTC 2009

Tejas Dinkar wrote:
> If you (by some odd chance) run guidance with PyKDE4 installed (but not
> PyKDE), it fails with the following traceback.

Huh? PyKDE4 is what you're supposed to use guidance-power-manager with!

>       RuntimeError: the sip module supports API v3.0 to v3.7 but the
>       PyKDE4.kdecore module requires API v3.8

Is your sip package out of date? Please give the output of:
rpm -q sip

> This error vanishes if you install PyKDE.

Maybe installing PyKDE (which is the KDE 3 version of PyKDE) upgraded your
sip? (In that case, the real issue is that PyKDE4 lacks a versioned
dependency on sip and only PyKDE has it.)

This sounds like a typical selective upgrade problem to me.

        Kevin Kofler