woes with the upgrade to qt 4.5

José Matos jamatos at fc.up.pt
Fri Feb 20 19:05:02 UTC 2009

On Friday 20 February 2009 18:09:15 Rex Dieter wrote:
> José Matos wrote:
> > Here follows a summary after several hours of struggle. :-)
> >
> > After upgrading to qt-4.5 the problem happens between kde4 and qt4
> > applications where it looks like the fonts are shredded. To see an
> > example of what I mean see my desktop
> > http://www.fep.up.pt/docentes/jamatos/desktop1.png with this nice
> > artifacts. :-)
>
> what video card/driver ?

# lspci | grep ATI
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc M24 1P [Radeon
Mobility X600]

The driver is radeon.

I sent a message to the list last week when we had the transition in rawhide
with the exact same problems for my testing machine.

In that case a fresh .kde solved the problem. Notice that the testing machine
has a SIS embedded card, using the sis driver. And also in the case the
problem was just with the fonts... :-(

--
José Abílio