Akonadi backwards compatibility

Clive Messer clive at vacuumtube.org.uk
Sun Feb 22 18:09:31 UTC 2009

On Sunday 22 Feb 2009 17:16:57 Rex Dieter wrote:
> Kevin Kofler wrote:
> > Clive Messer wrote:
> >> Akonadi wouldn't start for me after updating f10 from
> >> kde-redhat-unstable. I think this was due to the change to its mysql db
> >> size.
> >
> > Well, then unfortunately this looks like we have to revert this change
> > and stay with the original default size forever. Having to delete all
> > your PIM data is not an acceptable solution.
>
> the change as introduced should only affect *new* akonadi db's, old ones
> should be unaffected.

Rex,

I wish I had made notes but I didn't. I think the problem - akonadi's mysql
instance refusing to start, was because of the discrepancy between the logfile
size, set to 8M in '~/.local/share/akonadi/mysql.conf' after the upgrade, and
the actual existing files on disk being larger. But take that with a pinch of
salt - I was half awake at the time.

Regards

Clive
--