qt-4.5-rc1 coming to kde-redhat/unstable (F-10)

Eelko Berkenpies fedora at berkenpies.nl
Tue Feb 24 09:52:10 UTC 2009

On Fri, 20 Feb 2009 10:01:30 +0100, Jaroslav Reznik <jreznik at redhat.com>
wrote:
> On Thursday 19 February 2009 20:39:39 Rex Dieter wrote:
>> heads up, qt-4.5-rc1 builds will be landing in kde-redhat/unstable's
>> F-10 repo soonish.
>>
>> This is primarily for testing, we've already found some non-trivial
>> issues (many fixed already in rawhide), so it's not for the faint of
>> heart.
>>
>> -- Rex
>
> Hi Rex,
> great news! Could you please include Qt 4.5 Arora rebuild in kde-
> redhat/unstable repo?

Wow. Simply wow. I don't think I have even seen a browser this quick so
far. I never really tried Arora it until I saw this message. I installed
the 0.4 version from the current Fedora repro's but it stopped working due
to some known socket problems which have been fixed in 0.5.

I just bumped into http://arora.googlecode.com/files/arora-0.5-1.src.rpm
and built a newer version using that as a base. Everything seems to be
working fine again now. And did I mention that it's (really) fast yet? :)

--
Eelko Berkenpies

Ps. If someone whould like to have the packages I've just build, let me
know and I'll put them up somewhere.