kde-4.1.96 (4.2-rc1) -> kde-redhat/unstable

Colin J Thomson - G6AVK colin at g6avk.demon.co.uk
Mon Jan 12 18:31:42 UTC 2009

On Monday 12 January 2009 08:01:20 Gerwin Krist -|- Digitalus Webhosting
wrote:

> My first impressions are not that good. After the upgrade my KDE plasma
> crashed right away and the only thing I could do was remove my .kde
> profile directory (I could not pin-point the cause of this).

You could of saved your self a lot of hassle :)
"normally" when something is crashing Plasma its best to just remove the
plasmarc files (or move them out of the way) before doing anything more
drastic.

**note you have to quit Plasma to do this**

Fire up Konsole:

kquitapp plasma &
mv .kde/share/config/plasma* /home/username/
plasma &

> But right now it runs smooth (with new NVIDIA drivers) but sometimes
> plasma crashes for whatever reason.

Interesting to know, not tried the new NV drivers here yet, I'll keep an eye
on rpmfusion.

Cheers

Colin
--