kde-4.1.96 (4.2-rc1) -> kde-redhat/unstable

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 17:10:14 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 10:34 AM, Claude Jones
<cjoneslists at tehogeeservices.com> wrote:
> On what you said: 'evil' is one of those words that gets bandied about on
> these lists all the time - it strikes as strong and infantile; my first thought
> on this is that if I were to set up a list in which the casual use of that
> list by non-attentive users would result in their replies to posts regularly
> going back to the original posters, instead of the list, I would be seeing a
> lot of complaining - if I joined such a list, and started getting personal
> replies to my list posts, I would be annoyed - it would be annoying, a
> nuisance, a small pain in the neck, but evil???

As I said, there are reasons for it being more than simply an
annoyance. See http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html

> But, I digress... I hate
> Evolution and its evil promoters deserve anything they get ;-)

My comment wasn't about Evolution but about the Evo mailing list. We
can fight about Evo vs Kmail vs TBird vs Claws vs Mutt etc. but
elsewhere. Let's not hijack the thread.

poc