worst release ever?

Eelko Berkenpies fedora at berkenpies.nl
Thu Jan 15 12:08:59 UTC 2009

Must be application specific then.

I don't use kmail nor calendar and 4.2rc1 seems to be pretty stable to me.
I haven't had any major problems so far. The only thing that really bothers
me, is the fact that the Plasma mini-pager no longer displays the dekstop
name / number but according to my bug report, that's already fixed again.

On a side note, I (only) still have video driver problems (as reported /
described here;
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=1882105&postcount=23) but
that's more likely a nVidia problem then a KDE problem. This problem does
not occur on my laptop (running an Intel card) and on PC's with more recent
video cards (in combination with the 180.x drivers).

So in general, besides some flickering, all is running smoothly here on
4.2rc1. :)

--
Eelko Berkenpies
http://www.berkenpies.nl/