worst release ever?

Neal Becker ndbecker2 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 13:29:02 UTC 2009

On Thursday 15 January 2009, José Matos wrote:
> On Thursday 15 January 2009 12:56:54 Claude Jones wrote:
> > Your subject line is dismissive, and insulting, of the hours and
> > hours of work of many individuals and isn't going to help you get support
> > - it could be true, but until you provide some data that others can
> > replicate, you're just barking at the moon.
>
> Come on, you could have said the same thing in a different tone. :-)
>
> Neal usually reports bug as can be seen by reading mailing list archives,
> and the title can be understood as the frustration of having a major
> component of kde (kontact) crashing.
>
> It does not hurt to be a little bit tolerant, the subject of this thread is
> a question and not a statement. To that question I have answered "No, IMHO
> this is the best release ever".
>
> Those who have used kmail and have never been mad with it please throw the
> first stone. ;-)

Sorry if I was unclear.  The message is, that if the general population of kde
users has a similar experience to myself, there are going to be a lot of
problems.  I am _far_ more tolerant and willing to experiment than the general
population.  Also, email is really vital.  Crashes in that are almost
unacceptable to most users (IMO).