worst release ever?

Claude Jones cjoneslists at tehogeeservices.com
Thu Jan 15 13:42:47 UTC 2009

On Thursday 15 January 2009 08:16:03 José Matos wrote:
> Come on, you could have said the same thing in a different tone. :-)

that's true, but, it's early in the morning, I saw that subject line followed
by a 4-line message with little detail, and I responded

> Neal usually reports bug as can be seen by reading mailing list archives,
> and the title can be understood as the frustration of having a major
> component of kde (kontact) crashing.

I did look at the archives on the specific issues he raised, and noted what I
found in another post

> It does not hurt to be a little bit tolerant, the subject of this thread is
> a question and not a statement. To that question I have answered "No, IMHO
> this is the best release ever".

true - but, if you choose to launch a polemic without much documentation
attached, you have to expect strong responses from some

> Those who have used kmail and have never been mad with it please throw the
> first stone. ;-)
I posted an issue a few days ago to which I received 0 replies - I know, I
know. I conclude that that issue is unique to my usage-patterns or
configuration, and requires more research - I haven't concluded from that
experience that Kmail is the worst email client I've ever used, so far - in
fact, it's my preferred app.

If Neal wanted to get responses, and attention, I guess he's succeeded. I see
that one of the developers has joined this thread...

And by the way, if you check my own record on the various Fedora lists, I'm a
quite tolerant person.
--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD