Kmail not able to use quotes in mail [solved]

Petrus de Calguarium kwhiskerz at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 20:35:43 UTC 2009

Once again, a very bizarre default setting that had me stumped for weeks.

It turns out that all of the inboxes for all of my email addresses were set
to use custom templates, and these all had the value %blank. Also, in the
main Kmail setup, the standard templates were also all set to %blank, so I
had to click 'default' to get the correct values filled in.

Now quotes work as in previous versions of kde. I never set these that way;
it is how they installed when I did a clean install of f10 alpha back in
September and then it upgraded itself to f10 in November.