Kontact from 4.1.96

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 20 13:32:17 UTC 2009

On Monday 19 January 2009 23:00:40 Allen Winter wrote:
> On Monday 19 January 2009 2:54:34 pm Anne Wilson wrote:
> > I've just updated my netbook with kde-testing enabled, and see some
> > rather odd and interesting changes.
> >

> > Addressbookn (4.1) - when accessed from kontact there is no Crypto tab on
> > the edit page.  Running KAddressbook from krunner, the Crypto tab is
> > present.
>
> I fixed this the other day.  So will be fixed in 4.2.0

Thanks for that.

> > Can someone please remind me where I can turn off the icon on calendar
> > entries?  I need the space.
>
> I think the mean the reminder daemon icon..  turn it off by going into
> the Calendar settings, General page.  you'll see a System Tray tab there.
> Then de-select the "Show Reminder Daemon in the System Tray".

No, sorry.  I didn't describe that well enough.  It's the icon on the events
in korganizer.  I have turned it off on this laptop, so that I can read at
least part of the event name, but I can't remember how to do that.  My default
view is Month, so there isn't much space.  Currently I see an icon and just
one letter of the event title (this is on the netbook).

Similarly, I turned off text below the icons for kontact on this laptop, but
can't remember where that happens, either.

Once I've found those I'll write them up on UserBase.  I think maybe we are
going to need a section on reclaiming space for small screens, such as
netbooks.