Linkage problem with kde 4.2 and plasmoids

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Thu Jan 22 23:53:43 UTC 2009

Florian Sievert wrote:
> I was pretty sure that there was no API changed in plasma was planed for
> KDE 4.2, nor did I notice any mail on the lists.

Then you missed a lot of stuff. :-) It was always (well, since before the
4.1 release at least) the plan to "review" the libplasma API
(where "review" also means "clean up", i.e. "change") for 4.2 to make sure
it won't need further changes beyond 4.2. (Some people wanted to have this
done by 4.1 already, but they realized that it wasn't possible, so the
decision was made at some point before the 4.1 release to have 4.2 be the
first release with the stable libplasma API/ABI.)

        Kevin Kofler