Power Management Applet & ACPI

Lorenzo Ciani lciani at yahoo.it
Fri Jan 23 16:24:35 UTC 2009

Hi to everyone on this mailing list.

I wanted KDE to show the logout screen when I press the power button of my notebook.

The power-management plasma applet has a configuration option to do just that - "When Power Button pressed...". I ticked that option, saved the configuration of the applet and pressed the power button. It did not work as expected and my notebook powered-off.

I looked into /etc/acpi/actions/power.sh and found that this checks if gnone-power-manager or kpowersave are running, otherwise does a "shutdown -h now". To fix this quickly, I have commented the relevant lines and now I can press the power button of my notebook and get the KDE logout screen.

I don't have kpowersave installed and I'm quite happy with the plasma applet.

Should I report this as a Fedora bug?

Ciao,

Lorenzo.