Ooops, we made Linus leave : (choices and punishment)

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Sun Jan 25 03:02:15 UTC 2009

Arthur Pemberton wrote:

> Well, I guess I should bring this to the lists attention since it

well, i guess to do so is ok. but i believe it would be in a better perspective
by using references to some one more accurate than aaron segio.

in his second paragraph, he states;

"For every Linus Torvalds (there's exactly one of them), we have 10s of millions
of other KDE users and a few billion who don't use any F/OSS solution at all
yet. I don't like losing any user, though, and such a happening can be deflating
and make one second guess what they are doing (which isn't an entirely bad thing
either, as long as it doesn't result in bad decision making or paralysis)."

if there is any 'flating', it is his *inflating* of numbers.

i do not claim to know exactly what actual numbers should be, but i do believe
that his figures are 'a little' off.

as for rest of what he says, i can not comment because his second paragraph
caused me not to bother reading rest.

so, carry on with you post, i am here after out of this thread.

--
peace out.

tc,hago.

.

****
**
help microsoft stamp out piracy - give linux to a friend today
**
to mess up a linux box, you need to work at it;
to mess up an ms windows box, you just need to *look at* it.
**
learn linux:
'HowtoForge' http://howtoforge.com/
****