KMail part-fixed, knetworkmanager broken

Claude Jones cjoneslists at tehogeeservices.com
Sun Jan 25 15:00:50 UTC 2009

On Sunday 25 January 2009 09:37:51 Neal Becker wrote:
> On Sunday 25 January 2009, Claude Jones wrote:
> > On Sunday 25 January 2009 06:34:39 Anne Wilson wrote:
> > > With the latest updates the problem of crashing when entering certain
> > > folders has gone.  There are still gpg issues.   More importantly,
> > > knetworkmanager is now broken.  Since NetworkManager-gnome was
> > > problematic for me this is a catastrophe.
> > >
> > > Anne
> >
> > What is broken in knetworkmanager for you, Anne? For me, it's working
> > fine - I'm on it this moment - this is a laptop with Broadcom 4306 usiing
> > WPAK and all the latest updates from testing and kderedhat-unstable - I
> > connect to a Linksys WRT54G running OpenWRT (open source distro for
> > Linksys routers) if that is relevant...
>
> For the record, my issue with NetworkManager-gnome is it always asks for
> passwords.  That's an annoyance to me (maybe a showstopper to newbs), but
> not a catastrophe.

I just noticed a warning icon saying I needed to re-log in in my systray. I
just did, so I'm now definitely up on all the latest versions of things. kNM
came right up and auto-connected to my network with no intervention on my
part.

On the password prompting, could it be a gnome-keyring-pam issue? If you don't
know what this is, just google it - it allows you to set up auto-logging-in
for things like NM

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD