KMail part-fixed, knetworkmanager broken

Mary Ellen Foster mefoster at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 18:52:59 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 7:46 PM, Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Checked the logs - the kernel update was yesterday.  It was still working
> after that.
>
> wpa_supplicant.log is full of
>
> Failed to initiate AP scan.
> CTRL-EVENT-SCAN-RESULTS

This and the other symptoms you mentioned in the other message make me
think that this is an issue with the wireless drivers rather than
which version of NetworkManager is running -- if "iwlist wlan0 scan"
returns nothing, there's nothing any other component can do. If my
netbook gets into this mood (haven't seen it for a while because I'm
not using wireless in my current flat) I think I generally had to
reboot.

MEF

--
Mary Ellen Foster  --  http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/mef/
Informatik 6: Robotics and Embedded Systems, Technische Universität München