KMail part-fixed, knetworkmanager broken

Claude Jones cjoneslists at tehogeeservices.com
Mon Jan 26 20:31:45 UTC 2009

On Mon January 26 2009 6:19:17 am Anne Wilson wrote:
> The Acer Aspire One, yes.  I'm connected this morning.  This
> reminds me of the problem I had with NetworkManager-gnome -
> when it lost connection it could not re-connect.  In fact it
> couldn't see the network at all.  Just the same as I saw last
> night.  I'll see what happens today.

I'm going to guess that some thing changed in your configuration
at some point recently, and old info was in a cache somewhere in
the network path. Did you ever reboot your router during this
event? Either that, or some flakiness with your radio - I have an
old HP with Broadcom 4306 wireless that gets real funny with the
wireless configuration sometimes. It acts like you describe,
suddenly, mysteriously, and then clears up - on occasion, I've
found the radio to seemingly have a mind of its own - and the LED
on the radio to be useless - it can appear to be off, and
wireless works, and vice-versa; also, the lost-connection-can't-
reconnect bit - usually, rebooting clears that one up, as well as
the radio problem.

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA