Ooops, we made Linus leave : (choices and punishment)

Eli Wapniarski eli at orbsky.homelinux.org
Wed Jan 28 00:02:30 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 27 January 2009 16:13:27 Rex Dieter wrote:
> Gerwin Krist -|- Digitalus Webhosting wrote:
> > Where it all points to:
> > - KDE did a big mistake by releasing KDE 4 too early (at least not
> > communicating it) and now is blaming Fedora that Linus has left te
> > building
>
> maybe so (though I'm not interested in blame, not relevant or productive
> at this point)

Absolutely Correct.

> > - people should know that fedora is bleeding edge
>
> Nod, per my "what is stable?" post.
>
> > - question if we should have include kde 3.5 (you can agree or disagree
> > with it)
>
> coulda/shoulda.  Be aware, the fedora kde-sig wasn't interested in this
> for various reasons, and welcomes interested community members to
> participate/help in implementing it... with no takers so far... which
> is... interesting, don't you think? :)

In any case we're to far down the road right now to go back. I think. And the
improvements in KDE keep coming as we progress from version to version. So I
think some patience at this stage is called for. We've made our bed so to
speak and the best thing we can do at this stage is keep the bug reports and
feature requests coming into bugs.kde.org

Eli

believed to be clean.