Here is another web page Konqueror doesn't display properly.

Sven Lankes sven at lank.es
Wed Jan 28 16:12:54 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 08:46:33AM -0700, Linuxguy123 wrote:

>> http://bugs.kde.org

> I'm frustrated entering bugs into bugzillas.  Its a 15 minute process
> logging in, searching to see if its already entered, filling everything
> in, etc.  Bugzilla needs a template that users can prefill for various
> bugs to speed things up.

Yes - reporting bugs can be frustrating and bugzilla is not (always) a very
userfriendly piece of software.

> And half the time it doesn't get looked at for weeks and by that time
> the page isn't up anymore.

That is how free software works. The best (browser)-bugreports are those
where the bugs are already isolated with the test-case attached to the
bug and not buried in 200k of html.

Well defined bugs will increase the probablility of a quick fix tremendously.

> I got upset with Konqueror a couple years ago and did a blitz of
> entering bug reports for web pages that didn't work.  The results were
> pretty dismal.  I gave up.

Maybe spending some time on bug-triage of konqueror-bugs would be a good
way to help out for you then?

Yes - sometimes bugs rot in $bugtracker until they're no longer relevant
but that is the price you pay for free software.

sven === jabber/xmpp: sven at lankes.net