Ooops, we made Linus leave : (choices and punishment)

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Wed Jan 28 23:12:32 UTC 2009

Clive Messer wrote:
> Also, I was under the impression that KDE 4.2 was released yesterday,
> that the kde-redhat rpms are built using that code base and that KDE 4.2
> is a 'stable' release? (Although quite what constitutes a stable
> upstream KDE release is lost on me these days.) Unless the 'bugs' are
> caused by the way the release is being packaged for Fedora, I'm not
> really sure I understand your, "making it work takes time", comment.

Unfortunately making a distribution isn't as easy as taking what upstream
releases and releasing it right away.

The Bluetooth issue is an issue with kdebluetooth and the Solid Bluetooth
code not being developed on the same schedule, so we need to find versions
which work together. Unfortunately, there appears to be no version of
kdebluetooth which works with the Solid Bluetooth code in 4.2, there's one
which worked with 4.1 and there's a new one which needs some changes from
4.3 trunk. Most likely we'll end up backporting the Solid Bluetooth changes
from trunk, as they're also needed to support the latest BlueZ stack
properly.

        Kevin Kofler