Ooops, we made Linus leave : (choices and punishment)

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Thu Jan 29 01:15:40 UTC 2009

Rex Dieter wrote:
> Time-based releases do that.  Feature not ready?  Punt to next (major)
> release.

No, paranoid freezes do that. The feature was obviously ready in time for
4.2, OpenSUSE is shipping it on their 4.2.0 live CD already. So why wasn't
this shipped in upstream 4.2.0? Because it's a "feature", not a "bug", so
let's just keep this "feature" broken even if it means a useless desktop
for many users and a fix is available? :-/

We need to merge OpenSUSE's Solid-Bluetooth patches and get a working
kdebluetooth build into our 4.2.0 update set that way.

        Kevin Kofler