PA flames

Andrew Mason slackmase2 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 00:39:41 UTC 2009

There is also a problem that a lot of these drivers are being written
by people who either don't have the sound card it's self or don't have
the specs for how it works. The real problem with many of the drivers
in the kernel (not just audio) at the moment is that they aren't being
developed / maintained by the companies who make the hardware. For
this to scale properly, the hardware vendors really ought to be
maintaining their particular driver however I do believe the majority
of drivers aren't done this way.