KDE Scanning software

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 23:22:08 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-07-01 at 23:02 +0200, Sven Lankes wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 09:42:15AM -0500, Arthur Pemberton wrote:
>
> >> The skanlite package is waiting for cvs creation. It'll enter rawhide
> >> and F10/F11-Testing sometime this week.
>
> > Thanks for the info, I'll be happy to test it out on my rawhide box
> > once available.
>
> skanlite is built know. It should show up in rawhide and in updates-
> testing for F-10 and F-11 after the next respective pushes.
>
> Anyone who wants to test it, can also get the package directly
> from koji:
>
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=8717
>
> Please leave feedback in bohdi if you've tested it:
>
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/skanlite

I did a quick test on my HP Photosmart C5180. It works fine, except
there are very few options compared to what appears in the help document
(BTW, at least it *has* a help doc, so kudos for that), i.e. no
bit-depth, image intensity, gamma correction etc. Since I don't know if
this is a bug or a feature, I've refrained from posting to Bodhi for the
moment. Maybe it's limitation of the device, or of the SANE driver.
Xsane complains about a missing ICM profile so maybe that's related.

poc