libical-0.43.tar.gz

Graeme Nichols graeme at graemenichols.com
Thu Jul 2 02:47:12 UTC 2009

Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-07-01 at 14:48 +1000, Graeme Nichols wrote:
>> My F8 isn't broke so I'm not fixing it :-)
>
> Your call of course, but the trouble with using unsupported Fedora
> versions is that they are, uh, unsupported. Meaning e.g. that any
> security problems will *not* be fixed.
>
> So you may think it's not broken when in fact it is.
>
> poc

Hi Patrick,

You are quite correct, I cannot argue with your point but I kept
upgrading my laptop, F8 --> F9 --> F10 and I am not impressed with
either F9 or F10. I am currently waiting to see what F11 will be like.
When the Linux Magazine DVD with Fedora 11 arrives in my mail box I will
upgrade my laptop and assess it. Hopefully it will be an improvement on
it's two predecessors particularly with regard to sound and video.

I use my desktop system to accomplish work on, not to keep upgrading
every six months for no real improvement in functionality and
consequently having to re-configure everything on the system each time,
so, if it ain't broke, (read; keeps doing all that I want) I wont
upgrade. :-)

--
Kind regards,

Graeme Nichols.