OpneGL after upgrade to Fedora 11 not working

Eli Wapniarski eli at orbsky.homelinux.org
Sat Jul 4 16:56:45 UTC 2009

On Saturday 04 July 2009 18:50:48 Martin (KDE) wrote:
> Am Samstag, 27. Juni 2009 schrieb Martin (KDE):
> > Hallo there
> >
> > after a upgrade from Fedora 10 to 11 my openGL no longer works as
> > expected. The windows flashes and disapears, Icons are missing,
> > decoration borders are missing, buttons shows up and disapears.
> > With F10 everything works as expected. I have tried xrender and it
> > works, but it is slower as openGL. Currently I have disabled the
> > openGL stuff.
>
> After recent mesa update things went worse than ever. KDE stays
> corupted even if I switched back to not using animated stuff. Only an
> restart of X helps, which is quite hard to do without seeing anything
> and no Ctrl-Alt-Backspace.
>
> But glxgears now works without error messages. Are there any openGL
> Test programs out there to find the problematic parts?
>
> Martin
>

> > My hardware: ATI 9200SE on a pentium 4.
> >
> > Any tips?
> >
> > Martin

I think the probem in X Windows itself, I think, there is no way for me to confirm this though. I normally compile my Nvidia drivers myself, but for an experiment, 	I decided to try to install the drivers from rpmfusion. When I did that I could not get Desktop Effects with opengl. I reinstalled all the xorg server stuff and still nada. When  I removed rpmfusion drivers and reinstalled the drivers that come from Nvidia directly everything was OK.

Eli

believed to be clean.