No more kdict, but is this possible...?

Sven Lankes sven at lank.es
Mon Jul 6 08:39:46 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jul 06, 2009 at 01:19:05AM +0200, Kevin Kofler wrote:

>>  - It does ship with a patched version of libzip - this is a no-no for
>>      getting it into fedora

> To me, it seems like this could be useful for the Fedora-wide libzip package
> too. Maybe we can get this change in?

I received a reply from the upstream author:

 1. The change is already in the libzip-upstream-mercurial repository
 2. goldendict will work fine without the patch - as long as you're not
    working with zip-files with more than 64k entries.

>>  - According to the website it only supportx x86/x86_64 - Fedora (still)
>>      has ppc/ppc64 as primary architectures so it should work there too.

> ExcludeArch is possible. Though it should be possible to fix any endianness
> bugs as well.

The message on the website seems to be more like "nobody has tested it".
If noone beats me to it, I'll work on a specfile for goldendict over the
week.

sven === jabber/xmpp: sven at lankes.net