A first task for Rawhide KDE testers

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Wed Jul 22 14:22:37 UTC 2009

Hi,

for all those who're signing up to test KDE, here's a first task for you: go
through the Phonon-GStreamer test cases at:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/KDE/Phonon-GStreamer_Test_Plan
and report your results.

I'll see if we can get a KDE live image from Rawhide built so you have a
faster way to get a default installation. Note that upgraded installations
are probably NOT default installations, you may be left with:
* phonon-backend-xine installed instead of phonon-backend-gstreamer (easily
remedied with yum install phonon-backend-gstreamer; rpm -e phonon-backend-
xine) and
* stale Phonon settings messing up things – those are harder to get rid of,
unfortunately.
Still, test results from upgraded installations are also worthwhile.

        Kevin Kofler