A first task for Rawhide KDE testers

Linuxguy123 linuxguy123 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 14:49:30 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-07-22 at 16:22 +0200, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> for all those who're signing up to test KDE, here's a first task for you: go
> through the Phonon-GStreamer test cases at:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/KDE/Phonon-GStreamer_Test_Plan
> and report your results.
>
> I'll see if we can get a KDE live image from Rawhide built so you have a
> faster way to get a default installation. Note that upgraded installations
> are probably NOT default installations, you may be left with:
> * phonon-backend-xine installed instead of phonon-backend-gstreamer (easily
> remedied with yum install phonon-backend-gstreamer; rpm -e phonon-backend-
> xine) and
> * stale Phonon settings messing up things – those are harder to get rid of,
> unfortunately.
> Still, test results from upgraded installations are also worthwhile.
>
>         Kevin Kofler

I don't have time to test right now, but I think this is an excellent
way to get more testing done.  The fact that there was a formal call for
testers, someone provided guidance on an area that needed testing and
then provided a test case is outstanding.  The fact that it was related
to sound in Fedora is the icing on the cake.  Good work here !