The Device Notifier

rgheck rgheck at comcast.net
Thu Jul 23 19:55:34 UTC 2009

Hi,

I'm trying to write a little desktop file that will allow me just to
mount newly inserted devices, rather than to open them with Dolphin. I
can see roughly how to do this, but have two questions:

(i) Is there some local place one can put such files, instead of
/usr/share/kde4/apps/solid/actions/? I've tried putting the file in
.kde/share/kde4/apps/solid/actions/, but that didn't work, and I also
tried .kde/share/apps/solid/actions/.

(ii) How on earth would one go about just mounting the device? Is there
some call to hal or whatever that can be made?

Cheers,
Richard