gpg problems

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 22:25:44 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-07-26 at 21:44 +0100, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Sunday 26 July 2009 21:18:57 Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> > On Sun, 2009-07-26 at 21:03 +0100, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > > I can't get gpg to start on the new F11 install.  The url I had for
> > > startup and shutdown scripts is now invalid - it was on fedorahosted.org.
> > >  Where would they be now, please?
> >
> > gpg is a stand-alone command. Do you mean gpg-agent?
> >
> You're right, of course.  I'm a  little stressed out, as I can't make sense of
> what's happening.  As I've done before I copied in my keyring from another
> working system.  As you see, signing is working without a problem, and I have
> sent an encrypted message to myself, yet something is not right.
>
> kgpg sees my friend's key, but kmail doesn't.  I just don't understand it.

Sorry, I don't use Kmail (when I did use it some years ago, it seemed
even less reliable than Evolution, which is saying something). Better
the devil you know ...

I'm not sure from your answer whether you are in fact using gpg-agent or
something else. Gpg-agent does have a number of debug options which
might tell you something.

poc