New eye-candy

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 29 08:51:58 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 28 July 2009 20:30:15 Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
> http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php/Customizable+Weather+Plasmoid+(CWP
>)?content=98925

Looks a little 0ver-the-top, but since it's customisable I'd like to take a
look at it.  I have the choice between downloading a Mandriva rpm and hoping
it works with Fedora, or downloading the source to build.  I assume the build
process is much the same as most things, configure, make, etc., or is it?  I
don't even know where the plasmoid has to end up.

All advice gratefully received.

I find that there is a new weather plasmoid being offered from the distro, but
the only forecast source on offer that is applicable to the uk is the BBC.
The nearest station to me is 25 miles away, with completely different
geography and therefore completely different weather.  It is totally useless
to me.  Accuweather give very accurate forecasts for us.