New eye-candy

Ariel Constenla-Haile ariel.constenla.haile at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 29 13:06:31 UTC 2009

Hello Anne,

On Wednesday 29 July 2009, 05:51, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Tuesday 28 July 2009 20:30:15 Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
> > http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php/Customizable+Weather+Plasmoid+(C
> >WP )?content=98925
>
> Looks a little 0ver-the-top, but since it's customisable I'd like to take a
> look at it.  I have the choice between downloading a Mandriva rpm and
> hoping it works with Fedora, or downloading the source to build.  I assume
> the build process is much the same as most things, configure, make, etc.,
> or is it?  I don't even know where the plasmoid has to end up.
>
> All advice gratefully received.

If you want to build yourself, just read the README:

tar xvf <the package>
cd <where unpacked>
mkdir build
cd build
cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=`kde4-config --prefix` ..
make
su -c 'make install'
kbuildsycoca4

if you don't want to install all the required stuff to be able to build, you can simply  try

http://arielch.fedorapeople.org/devel/rpm/i586/kde-plasma-cwp-0.9.10-1.fc11.i586.rpm

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile