Has Anybody Seen Bug Fixes for Anything?

Andrew Mason slackmase2 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 07:09:08 UTC 2009

Eli,
In answer to your original question , there have been a bucket load of
things fixed in 4.1b. Unfortunately they don't seem to be the things
that are important for you. That isn't to say they aren't important.
They are just not things that have been addressed by the limited
developer resources that are currently available. The developers do
their best to release quality code for their projects ( I think there
are currently around 2-3 people in the konqueror team).

KDE isn't like a corporate entity, most of the developers are either
hacking in their spare time or paid by a company to work on specific
elements of KDE  . KDE as a community  doesn't assign people to
projects and they can't , KDE is a community centered around a desktop
that we are collectively trying to make better.

I think it's great that you have taken the time to file the bug
reports .It's a great first step and I like that you are passionate
about getting them fixed. It's only half the battle though. Actually
fixing issues (ones that can / should be fixed ) is down to those who
are willing and able to dive into the code. Currently those 2 - 3
people that are diving into the code are working very hard, as are the
rest of the devs , translators, doc team etc..

Sometimes, you just need to have patience. If that means that you have
to use KDE 3.5 for a while, or XFCE , or GNOME then thats fine. KDE is
what it is and if it's not right for you at the moment it.  I waited
til 4.2.3 in order for it to be usable for me. It works for me on my
laptop but on my desktop the Xorg drivers aren't quite there yet in
order for me to use it.  I can only suggest trying it out every few
months to to see if it fits your needs better. Hopefully it will.

Andrew