64-bit KDE 4.3beta1?

Mary Ellen Foster mefoster at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 12:58:35 UTC 2009

2009/6/10 Mary Ellen Foster <mefoster at gmail.com>:
> Okay, I wasn't hallucinating, really -- I still haven't updated to
> 4.2.85 on my main laptop (and probably won't, 'cause I use it for work
> every day), but I just tried this again and it still didn't show me
> any 64-bit updates. And I now understand why: it chose
> apt.uk.kde-redhat.org as the mirror for the 64-bit packages, but
> ftp.heanet.ie for the 32-bit packages. And it looks like the
> kde-redhat.org site doesn't have the latest packages ... is this true?

Oh wait, but if I check
http://apt.uk.kde-redhat.org/apt/kde-redhat/fedora/11/x86_64/RPMS.unstable/
the packages are really there. So why isn't "yum check-update" showing
them to me then ... argh.

Here's what "yum check-update" gives me (yes, I did do "clean all" first):

Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, presto, refresh-packagekit
 * fedora: mirror.sov.uk.goscomb.net
 * kde: apt.uk.kde-redhat.org
 * kde-i386: ftp.heanet.ie
 * kde-i386-testing: ftp.heanet.ie
 * kde-i386-unstable: ftp.heanet.ie
 * kde-testing: apt.uk.kde-redhat.org
 * kde-unstable: apt.uk.kde-redhat.org
 * livna: rpm.livna.org
 * rpmfusion-free: rpmfusion.famillecollet.com
 * rpmfusion-free-updates: rpmfusion.famillecollet.com
 * updates: mirror.sov.uk.goscomb.net
 * updates-testing: mirror.sov.uk.goscomb.net

kdeartwork-sounds.noarch                              4.2.85-1.fc11
                kde-i386-unstable
kdebase-workspace-wallpapers.noarch                   4.2.85-4.fc11
                kde-i386-unstable
oxygen-cursor-themes.noarch                           4.2.85-1.fc11
                kde-i386-unstable

So only the 32-bit 4.2.85 packages are there ... ?

MEF

--
Mary Ellen Foster  --  http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/mef/
ICCS, School of Informatics, University of Edinburgh

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.