Building Brand Together

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Wed Jun 10 23:35:13 UTC 2009

Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
> Now am I correct to understand you are suggesting that we should
> differentiate more then calling a Fedora KDE spin just "Fedora KDE
> Spin", such as by calling it something different, like maybe "Kedora"?
> Would that not create yet another brand? Would that not move away from
> Fedora and make *edora sound like *buntu, which has become how many
> people now refer to the project largely subsidized by Canonical?

It shall also be noted that several people in the Kubuntu project are
unhappy with Kubuntu's use of a separate brand and point to Fedora as the
example of how to do it right.

I don't think we need a separate brand, we need to make the one brand more
open to other desktops. It's certainly convenient to relegate KDE to its
own brand so GNOME-centric people don't have to worry about it, but that
doesn't make it a good idea.

        Kevin Kofler