Confusing error messages

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 16 16:00:41 UTC 2009

Can someone please decode these messages?

k3b-extras-freeworld-1.0.5-4.fc10.i386 from installed has depsolving problems
  --> Missing Dependency: libk3bdevice.so.5 is needed by package k3b-extras-
freeworld-1.0.5-4.fc10.i386 (installed)
k3b-extras-freeworld-1.0.5-4.fc10.i386 from installed has depsolving problems
  --> Missing Dependency: libk3b.so.3 is needed by package k3b-extras-
freeworld-1.0.5-4.fc10.i386 (installed)
Error: Missing Dependency: libk3bdevice.so.5 is needed by package k3b-extras-
freeworld-1.0.5-4.fc10.i386 (installed)
Error: Missing Dependency: libk3b.so.3 is needed by package k3b-extras-
freeworld-1.0.5-4.fc10.i386 (installed)
 You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
 You could try running: package-cleanup --problems
                        package-cleanup --dupes
                        rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest

How can they be missing and installed at the same time?  I used skip-broken
yesterday to get around the problem.  Today I ran the other three commands -
nothing was reported.  Still I get the same messages.  What exactly is wrong?