KDE-SIG weekly report (25/2009)

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Thu Jun 18 06:55:48 UTC 2009

This is a report of the weekly KDE-SIG-Meeting with a summary of the
topics that were discussed. If you want to add a comment please reply
to this email or add it to the related meeting page.

= Weekly KDE Summary =

Week: 25/2009

Time: 2009-06-16 16:00 UTC

Meeting page:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/KDE/Meetings/2009-06-16

Meeting log:
https://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/c/c4/KDE-SIG-2009-06-16.txt

= Participants =

*  Ben Boeckel
* JaroslavReznik
* KevinKofler
* LukasTinkl
* RexDieter
* StevenParrish
* ThanNgo

= Agenda =

topics to discuss:
* kde-4.2.90 status
  o kdebindings-4.2.90 build failures for < f12
* OO.o KDE 4 integration [1]

recent bugs:
* Selinux/knotify issues [2] [3]

= Summary =

kde-4.2.90 status
* kdebindings-4.2.90 build failures for < f12
  o builds OK with new PyQt4
  o so we need patch for old PyQt4
     + rdieter already did it in 4.2.90-2

OO.o KDE 4 integration
* there is KDE 4 support for OO.o now
* we don't want to ship on Live CD but we want it (even after KO 2 are out)
* we have to check current state
  o full integration would be NWF (native widget framework), dialogs and URL
handlers?
* dtardon (OO.o co-maintainer) will to help us
  o jreznik is in contact with dtardon and take care about OO.o KDE 4
integration
  o we need maintainer as OO.o guys are not interested in
  o KDE 4 integration support will be packaged separately
* gvfs is not problem for us (depends only on glib2), but native kio support
would be better

== Recent bugs ==

Selinux/knotify issues
* probably 2 instances of the same bug
* Fedora or RPM Fusion packages bug?
* SELinux never tells us which shared object is actually at fault
  o we have to contact dwalsh for help
    + already CC on bugs
    + Kevin_Kofler will ping him

= Links =