skype broken without qt-devel ?

Eli Wapniarski eli at orbsky.homelinux.org
Sun Jun 21 06:27:11 UTC 2009

Having trouble with sound on skype

Two things required to partially / mostly work around the issue.

1) Configure sound devices to HDA Intel (hw:intel,0) for Sound In, Sound Out and Ringing

2) run skype with pasuspender (ie "pasuspender skype") so the entire command to get skype as functional as possible would be:

   LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libv4l/v4l1compat.so pasuspender skype

Now what I mean my partial work around that sound only comes out the left channel. It seems that its not only me and in the skype forums there is indication that there is sine progress on a new beta version however the only confirmatory reference I could find was posted back in January

http://share.skype.com/sites/linux/2009/01/skype_for_linux_updates.html

And complaints about audio are posted in the forum

http://forum.skype.com/index.php?showtopic=345441

Eli

On Sunday 21 June 2009 02:26:32 Rex Dieter wrote:
> On 06/20/2009 06:07 PM, Chitlesh GOORAH wrote:
> > Hai there,
> >
> > I had the following error while launching skype on F-11, just after I
> > removed qt-devel
> >
> > skype: error while loading shared libraries: libQtDBus.so.4: cannot
> > open shared object file: No such file or directory
> >
> > I had to install qt-devel to get skype working again.
> >
> > This is weird since,
> > [root at goorah ~]# rpm -qf /usr/lib/libQtDBus.so.4
> > qt-4.5.1-13.fc11.i586
>
> Very wierd indeed.  No idea.  Anyone else using skype, with similar or
> different experiences?
>
> -- Rex

believed to be clean.