kde-4.2.90 and nepomuk, good, bad,ugly?

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 22 08:59:11 UTC 2009

On Monday 22 June 2009 07:25:56 Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Anne Wilson wrote:
> > It doesn't crash it here, either, but it doesn't find the files that I
> > know exist (and according to systemsettings nepomuk indexing is
> > definitely active)
>
> Strigi indexing too? Strigi is what's used to find files which aren't
> manually tagged, there's a separate checkbox in the Nepomuk settings to
> enable it.

Hmm - this is not going to be helpful.  Akonadi was working until recently.
On the 8th June I reported on this list that I now am getting kres-migrator (I
think that's the name) failing on the netbook, and gave output.  I presume
that it is since then that akonadi has not been working.  It does work on my
F10 workstation, so I'll check that.

OK - checked.  Systemsettings now lets me configure which std.ics and std.vcf
are to be searched. The Strigi part doesn't seem to exist any more.  Maybe I'm
using the  nepomuksearch:/ command wrongly.  Example, please?