Sharing brand with upstream [Was: Building Brand Together]

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 22 09:02:16 UTC 2009

On Monday 22 June 2009 09:51:25 Jaroslav Reznik wrote:
> On Monday 22 June 2009 10:40:24 Anne Wilson wrote:
> > On Monday 22 June 2009 07:22:42 Kevin Kofler wrote:
> > > How much say does the Fedora design team get in the wallpaper design?
> >
> > "Sharing" and "Building Brand Together" imply cooperation.  Why not ask
> > the KDE artist themselves, instead of guessing on this list?
>
> I've already talked to KDE artists and yes, it's about cooperation. From
> one point of view, it looks like wonderful idea but I'm skeptic about
> actual implementation - I said the same to Pinheiro what Kevin pointed
> out... We can work as catalyst, details have to arrange designers
> themselves ;-)

I'm convinced that it's an idea worth exploring.  As long as a suitable
schedule is possible, so that neither side is left frustrated, it's worth a
try, the only way to know whether it could be a satisfying way to work.  A
quick and dirty mockup would soon give you an idea of feasibility, wouldn't
it?  That way neither side spend too much time until they are sure it would be
worth it.  WDYT?