kde-4.2.90 and nepomuk, good, bad,ugly?

Clive Messer clive at vacuumtube.org.uk
Mon Jun 22 12:25:17 UTC 2009

On Monday 22 Jun 2009 13:04:00 Anne Wilson wrote:

> Ah yes - I'd forgotten that.  Well, Enable Nepomuk Semantic Desktop is
> checked, and there is no error message.  Enable Strigi Desktop File Indexer
> is checked, but "Strigi service failed to inialize, most likely due to an
> installation problem".

Anne,

Open '~/.kde/share/config/nepomukstrigirc'. Look at the '[main Settings]'
section. What is the value of 'Used Soprano Backend'?

If it's not 'virtuosobackend', add  'Soprano Backend=virtuosobackend' to the
'[Basic Settings]' section and try again.

Regards

Clive
--
Clive Messer <clive at vacuumtube.org.uk>