Weather forecast plasmoid

Mary Ellen Foster mefoster at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 08:16:29 UTC 2009

2009/6/23 Thomas Janssen <thomasj at fedoraproject.org>:
> 2009/6/22 Mary Ellen Foster <mef at inf.ed.ac.uk>:
>> I've recently been noticing that the weather-forecast plasmoid --
>> which was in kde-plasma-weather and is now (4.2.90) in
>> kde-plasma-addons -- always says that the current temperature is 16C.
>> This is often close to accurate in June in Scotland, so I never really
>> paid attention, but it really does seem never to change.
>
> There are two. The LCD and the yaWP.

I mean the one that used to be packaged in kde-plasma-weather; it
calls itself "Weather Forecast" in the Plasma widget list. It seems
that it's not *always* 16C -- I tried some other places like Singapore
and the temperature seemed plausible -- but at least for Edinburgh it
always seems to say 16C. Which right now is actually true (at least
according to Google Weather), but I'm convinced that it never changes.
I'll keep an eye on it.

MEF

--
Mary Ellen Foster  --  http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/mef/
ICCS, School of Informatics, University of Edinburgh

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.