Automatic upgrade - incomplete kde?

Eli Wapniarski eli at orbsky.homelinux.org
Wed Jun 24 08:51:04 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 24 June 2009 11:35:55 Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Wednesday 24 June 2009 09:00:53 Eli Wapniarski wrote:
> > On Wednesday 24 June 2009 10:15:08 Anne Wilson wrote:
> > > I'm wondering if part of the problem is that I disabled all repos except
> > > fedora and fedora-updates.  Those f10 packages are from fedora-kde.  Is
> > > the high version number there interfering?
> >
> > Yes...
> >
> > You missed part of the magic of using yum to update the system. All repos
> > should be enabled as usual. So that you can maintain the rep and  package
> > priorities that you have set. Otherwise you could very easily break
> > something.
> >
> :-)  That seems to explain a lot.  A large update is currently taking place.
> I'll report back.
>
> Anne

Good to hear. One last thing about the current update....

After this one completes, then you should run...

yum --allow-downgrade update

It does happen becuase of build number from the more recent version is less than the build from the previous version. As such yum would think that the version installed from, lets say Fedora 10 is newer than the build from Fedora 11 and you wouldn't know it.

Eli

believed to be clean.