help

Charles J Smith III charles at wowservices.net
Wed Jun 24 14:33:54 UTC 2009

i'm new to fedora, let alone fedora 11.

i've installed the full version of fedora 11 and by default got the gnome desktop.

i've done teh yum install system-switch-desktopmanager and switched to kde

i've gone to and downloaded the kde package

i've restarted and get the kde login but when i log into my user i get only screen with a terminal box in the bottom right corner.

i've logged into to su, and cd /etc/sysconfig and nano my desktop file and it has desktop=kde and displaymanager=kde.

how do i get the kde desktop?

when i log out and log in as root, it works fine. only as the user do i get the terminal box.

please help.

charles