help

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Wed Jun 24 15:18:50 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 24 June 2009 17:13:37 Charles J Smith III wrote:
> i've tried the command and here's the result.  keep in mind that the kde
> desktop works if i login in as root, just not when i log in as user
>

> [root at III III] yum groupinstall kde

It's not "kde" group but "KDE (K Desktop Environment)".

Yes, I don't like it :D And KDE is going through some changes, as it's not a
desktop now but KDE community with KDE workspace, applications, people...

Try to change session in GDM/KDM (the login screen). It's preferred way to
change it for user.

Jaroslav