Automatic upgrade - incomplete kde?

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 25 06:48:49 UTC 2009

On Thursday 25 June 2009 05:50:03 Kevin Kofler wrote:
> If you just run "yum upgrade" or "yum update" (they behave the same by
> default), that's not what happens. To achieve that, you have to:
> yum --downloadonly upgrade
> telinit 3
> yum -C upgrade
>
> On the other hand, preupgrade does drop you out of the running system, it
> does the upgrade in an Anaconda environment.

Kevin, please understand that I did not initiate this upgrade, in a sense.
When the update notifier sends out that invitation to upgrade it takes control
of the upgrade.  This is a service/utility provided by fedora.

I accept that most of my problem seems to stem from being more at the bleeding
edge than I've ever been before.  I've learned a lot from this experience.
Now I just want to know how to deal with the remaining 15 f10 packages.