Automatic upgrade - incomplete kde?

Eelko Berkenpies fedora at berkenpies.nl
Thu Jun 25 09:34:56 UTC 2009

On Thu, 25 Jun 2009 09:24:43 +0100, Anne Wilson
<cannewilson at googlemail.com> wrote:

>> > Maybe there isn't any f11 equivalent for them?
>>
>> That did occur to me.  If they are unused I don't suppose that they
>> matter.
>> If they are (correctly) being used, that's fine.  However there are
some
>> on
>> the list that surely don't come into those categories - iptables, sudo
>> and
>> libtar, for instance.  This is the list
>>
>> google-gadgets-0.10.5-7
>> libdcp4client-4.0.0-35
>> neon-0.28.4-1.1
>> iptables-ipv6-1.4.3.2-1
>> ca-certificates-2009-1
>> kbackup-0.5.4-1
>> GeoIP-1.4.6-2
>> libtalloc-1.2.0-31
>> compat-db45-4.5.20
>> sudo-1.7.1-2
>> kompose-0.5.3-13
>> iptables-1.4.3.2-1
>> google-gadgets-qt-0.10.5-7
>> libtar-1.2.11-11
>> kipi-plugins-0.3.0-1
>>
> I now find that neither dolphin nor konqueror will run, so I've runout
of
> patience.  Later today I'll be backing up and doing a clean install -
> although
> without a file manager selecting files for backup will not be easy.

Erm, do you really need a X filemanager for that or did I miss something?
:)

What about mc?

[eelko at eb Documents]$ yum info mc
Loaded plugins: presto, refresh-packagekit
Installed Packages
Name       : mc
Arch       : i586
Epoch      : 1
Version    : 4.6.2
Release    : 10.fc11
Size       : 5.3 M
Repo       : installed
>From repo  : updates
Summary    : User-friendly text console file manager and visual shell
URL        : http://www.midnight-commander.org/
License    : GPLv2
manager, only
           : with many more features. It is a text mode application, but
it also
           : includes mouse support. Midnight Commander's best features
are its
           : ability to FTP, view tar and zip files, and to poke into RPMs
for
           : specific files.

--
Met vriendelijke groet / With kind regards,
Eelko Berkenpies